I’m just pulling together a SIAM programme initiation deck for a client, and I pulled together the attached list of questions that the client’s programme team need to ask themselves.
- What are the key issues that we are trying to resolve by adopting a SIAM based approach?
- Are we looking to achieve transformational change in IT?
- What are we comfortable outsourcing and what needs to be retained?
- Do we accept that our IT operating model may need to change?
- What will our process models look like in terms of roles and responsibilities?
- Who will own and operate the ITSM tools?
- Will we operate SIAM in-house, or as one of our Service Towers?
- Are we already operating in a SIAM model, but we just don’t call it SIAM!?
From my experience, if we could do the following things with these questions, life would be so much simpler…
- asking these at the start of the programme
- seeking answers
- gaining consensus from all stakeholders
- documenting the answers in a programme charter that forms the basis of the project initiation documentation