Through an effective programme of optimisation.
Typically, we find ourselves involved in optimising one or a combination of the following areas:
- Process models
- Tooling solutions
- Metrics & Reporting
- Support models
- Organisation design
- Cultural change
- A programme of continual improvement aimed at driving out efficiency gains
- Business strategy
- Business growth
- Sourcing strategy such as multi-vendor models (e.g. Service Integration & Management (SIAM)). You can read our CIO’s guide to Optimising SIAM , to learn how to go about creating a true end-to-end eco-system.
- Cloud adoption
- Digital Transformation
- Changes to governance models, such as those as described in the VeriSM framework. You can read more about our views on VeriSM in our blog It’s time to stand up and take notice of VeriSM
- Cost efficiency drivers
Process improvement is at the core of most improvement efforts.
We are IT Service Management (ITSM) specialists, with deep subject matter expertise in process maturity assessment, design & build and optimisation of IT process models. We use management frameworks such as the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Lean, ISO-IEC 20000 and Dev Ops to build highly effective process models.
The added complexity in today’s operating models, brought about by SIAM, cloud adoption and digital transformation, only serve to make process improvement more important, but also more challenging.
The end user experience of any process is vital. See our 7 Tips to Optimise your Service Request Processes for Digital Transformation, to understand how improve the user’s most important interaction with technology; when they want something!
Our deep subject matter expertise means we work across the IT Service Management spectrum, but certain processes come up again and again. Take a look at our 9 Tips to improve Hardware Asset Management processes to understand how to better control your IT assets, from order to provisioning and through to decommissioning.
As a ServiceNow consulting partner, we’re often engaged by ServiceNow clients to improve their ServiceNow toolset. Our deep subject matter knowledge of IT Service Management and ServiceNow puts us in an ideal position to help. You can read our advice to ensure your maximising your ServiceNow investment here, and how we helped a client to achieve process improvement and automate this in ServiceNow here.
In addition to our ServiceNow knowledge, we also work with all the major ITSM toolsets, such as BMC Remedy, Cherwell and Hornbill, amongst others.
Improving organisational governance is perhaps one of the most complex things to achieve, particularly given regulatory constraints and the deep seated organisational culture which are often present.
The complexity is magnified in multi-vendor, SIAM operating models. You can read our 6 Steps to achieving SIAM collaboration, to learn more about how corporate governance which spans service providers can be improved.
Metrics and Reporting
Reporting is often an area which can be subject to “sprawl”, where the time effort involved in producing reports is far-outweighed by the value they achieve. Take a look at our advice to prevent The Process of Reporting Taking Over Your Organisation
Optimising existing support models can involve a number of factors:
- Support team structure, knowledge and working practices
- Support hours and shift patterns
- Third party support contracts, particularly in a multi-vendor SIAM operating model. Take a look at how we helped a global logistics provider move to a SIAM operating model, by design, building and implementing a new support model, processes and tooling.