Our Optimisation service provides technology leaders with the opportunity to engage with our advisors who are highly skilled in bringing about transformational change.
Continual improvement is vital in ensuring that technology can keep up with the pace of business change
- Process models
- Tooling solutions
- IT Governance
- Metrics and Reporting
- Support models
- Organisation design
- Cultural change
- A programme of continual improvement aimed at driving out efficiency gains
- Changes in business strategy
- Sourcing strategy such as multi-vendor models (e.g. Service Integration & Management (SIAM)). You can read our CIO’s guide to Optimising SIAM , to learn how to go about creating a true end-to-end eco-system.
- Cloud adoption
- Digital Transformation
- Changes to governance models, such as those as described in the VeriSM framework. You can read more about our views on VeriSM in our blog It’s time to stand up and take notice of VeriSM
- Cost efficiency drivers
- Business growth as a result of new or changed products, services or customer volumes
Process improvement is at the core of most improvement efforts.
We are IT Service Management (ITSM) specialists, with deep subject matter expertise in process maturity assessment, design & build and optimisation of IT process models. We use management frameworks such as the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Lean, ISO-IEC 20000 and Dev Ops to build highly effective process models.
The added complexity in today’s operating models, brought about by SIAM, cloud adoption and digital transformation, only serve to make process improvement more important, but also more challenging.
Our deep subject matter expertise means we work across the IT Service Management spectrum, but certain processes come up again and again.
The end user experience of any process is vital. See our 7 Tips to Optimise your Service Request Processes for Digital Transformation, to understand how to improve the user’s most important interaction with technology; when they want something!
Take a look at our 9 Tips to improve Hardware Asset Management processes to understand how to better control your IT assets, from order to provisioning and through to decommissioning.
We’re often engaged by ServiceNow clients to improve their ServiceNow toolset. Our deep subject matter knowledge of IT Service Management and ServiceNow puts us in an ideal position to help. You can read our advice to ensure you’re maximising your ServiceNow investment here, and how we helped a client to achieve process improvement and automate this in ServiceNow here.
In addition to our ServiceNow knowledge, we also work with all the major ITSM toolsets, such as BMC Remedy, Cherwell and Hornbill, amongst others.
Also read our views on how to prepare for Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) on your service desk.
But tooling improvement extends beyond ITSM tooling. We can assist in developing a tooling strategy for IT operations which encompass:
- It Operations Management
- IT Asset Management
- Enterprise discovery
- AI and Robotics
Improving organisational governance is perhaps one of the most complex things to achieve, particularly given regulatory constraints and the deep seated organisational culture which need to be considered.
Metrics and Reporting
Reporting is often an area which can be subject to “sprawl”, where the time effort involved in producing reports is far-outweighed by the value they achieve. Take a look at our advice to prevent The Process of Reporting Taking Over Your Organisation
Optimising existing support models can involve a number of factors:
- Support team structure, knowledge and working practices, read Critical ingredients in running an IT department in 2019.
- Support hours and shift patterns
- Third party support contracts, particularly in a multi-vendor SIAM operating model. Take a look at how we helped a global logistics provider move to a SIAM operating model, by design, building and implementing a new support model, processes and tooling.
- Even when you’ve moved to cloud, adopted DevOps and built a SIAM operating model, how do you actually get any work done in IT? read our 6 steps to getting work done IT to find out!